ABOUT LYMPHATIC EDUCATION AFRICA
Lymphatic Education Africa is focused on providing learning opportunities to all qualified health care professionals who are interested in learning more about the field of Lymphatic Therapy. We aim to empower individuals through scientific research and evidence based training to make a difference in their clinical practice and patient care.
All classes are taught by the finest and most experienced instructors in the field. Lymphatic Education Africa students receive thorough and rigorous training in the Method of Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT), the therapeutic system regarded as the “Gold Standard” for the treatment of Lymphoedema and oedema conditions by the International Society of Lymphology (ISL). Students who complete the certification courses become qualified to treat lymphoedema (both primary and secondary), lipoedema, phlebo-lymphostatic oedema, chronic venous insufficiencies, oncology related lymphoedema and post traumatic oedema.
LEA will be launching a South African based Lymphoedema Certification Training Course in late 2018. The focus of this education will be for Government sector healthcare professionals. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about this or to HOST your hospital as a VENUE for this Course and Discounts will be provided.
In addition, LEA is offering several 2 day Continuing Education Courses in South Africa to encompass teaching about all aspects of Lymphoedema Therapy including:
- CDT Refresher Course for Certified Lymphoedema Therapists to review their skills in CDT including MLD, Bandaging, Skin care, Exercises and learn about emerging products, techniques, procedures & research
- Basics of Elastic Taping for Oedema and Lymphoedema Conditions
- Basics of Lymphoedema Therapy Management for Health Care Professionals
- Basic Intro to Lymphoedema Therapy for Doctors/Surgeons
- Basic Intro to Lymphoedema Therapy and Compression for Orthotists