This Post-Graduate 34-Hours Continuing Education Course has been specifically developed to introduce you to the Best Practice and International Standards of care for patients with Lymphoedema, Lipoedema, and any Oedema conditions due to a variety of etiologies. The Training consists of thorough research-based theory and hands-on training.
Completing this course provides you with a Certificate of Completion in the Fundamentals of Bandaging and Compression Garments
Complete – 4-Hours of Online learning before attending the Hands-on portion of the course. You are able to complete the online theory training in the comfort of your own home or office, which includes online learning modules, reading articles, research, and watching videos. The online curriculum includes up-to-date researched information.
This Course training is introductory information and does not certify you as a CLT – (Certified Lymphoedema Therapist).
To learn more in-depth comprehensive information and to become a CLT, one can register for the Lymphoedema Management Certification Course which is 150 hours of training on Lymph Africa Education
There are two parts to Bandaging and Compression Garments Course:
Part One: Online Pre-course Work - 4 Hours
Complete – 4-Hours of Online learning before attending the Hands-on portion of the course.
You are able to complete the online theory training in the comfort of your own home or office, which includes online learning modules, reading articles, research, and watching videos.
The online curriculum includes up-to-date researched information.
Part Two: Practicum Training - 30 Hours
The practicum training will take place in Cape Town.
There are two options for payment: To simply watch the course and then those who will be able to follow along with the bandaging and patient education practical.
Upon completion the participant will be able to:
- Understand and differentiate between lymphoedema, lipoedema, and oedema
- Identify treatment components of Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD), Bandaging, Exercise, Skin Care
- Demonstrate basic multi-layer compression bandaging by creating an effective, graduated compression system for arm and leg
- Identify and choose compression, accurately measure & complete order form for custom or RTW compression system or compression garment
- Understand and differentiate between different types of compression garment materials and textiles Flat knit vs Circular Knit
- Provide basic patient and/or family home-care education for Donning and Doffing compression bandages and compression garments
30 CEU’s (30-hours hands-on & 4-hours for e-Learning theory)
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
You can either pay directly into our account or you can pay via payfast
- Fill in Online Registration Form
- A Registration Confirmation and quote/ invoice will be emailed to you.
- You will only receive your online coursework when you have paid in full.
- Email Proof of Payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prices are as follows:
Early Bird Investment: R 4000,00 incl. VAT
(Please note: To be eligible for the early bird pricing, we must receive your proof of payment as well as have the payment reflecting into our accounts by 03 January 2023)
Full Investment: R 5500,00 incl. VAT
EFT BANKING DETAILS:
- Places will be offered to persons on the waiting list and deposits forfeited should balance of payment not be made by deadline.
- Deposits can be carried over for future courses, should you inform us 7 working days before final payment is due.
Suzi Davey, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, CLWT
Suzi Davey is an Occupational Therapist and specialist and expert in the field of Lymphoedema Management, certified in 1998, through Dr. Vodder School International and completed Certified instructor training in 2015 with the International Lymphedema and Wound Care Training Institute USA (ILWTI). She will be presenting the course and testing the students throughout.
Want to find out more about Suzi Davey? Click right here.