This Basics of Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is the perfect course for all health-care professionals looking to upskill and learn more about the topic of Oedema Therapy and Management of medical complications such as lymphoedema and lipoedema will be reviewed. The four–hours of theory will be presented as online e-Learning and completed prior to attending the hands-on course. The Gold Standard Treatment protocol of manual lymph drainage will be explained and reviewed in this 2-day Course. Upon completion, the therapist will be able to differentiate between a variety of peripheral oedemas as well as understand the applications, medical indications, and contraindications of Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD). The therapist will be able to screen and recognise when a patient requires more intensive medically based Complete Decongestive Therapy – CDT treatment with a certified Lymphoedema Therapy practitioner. A basic review of treatment protocols for individuals with healthy or sluggish lymphatic systems and instruction on how to educate the patient in basic self-care MLD treatment will be provided.
This Course training is introductory information and does not certify you as a CLT – (Certified Lymphoedema Therapist).
To learn more in-depth comprehensive information and to become a CLT, one can register for the Lymphoedema Management Certification Course which is 150 hours of training on Lymph Africa Education
There are two parts to the Basics of Manual Lymph Drainage course:
Part One: Online Pre-course Work - 4 Hours
You are able to complete the online theory training in the comfort of your own home or office, which includes online learning modules, reading articles, research, and watching videos.
The online curriculum includes up-to-date researched information.
Part Two: Practicum Training - 16 Hours
The Gold Standard Treatment protocol of manual lymph drainage will be explained and reviewed in this 2-day Course.
Upon completion the participant will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy & physiology of the lymphatic system
- Apply techniques and sequences of Manual Lymph Drainage for oedema
- Indications and contraindications of Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
- Review differential diagnosis
- Review basic home exercises for oedema management
- Understand the importance of compression garments once oedema reduces
- Home maintenance protocol and self-MLD treatment for patients
14 – 15 June
2 – 3 June
R5,000 incl VAT Full COST; EARLY BIRD R4000 Incl VAT
This program is learned conceptually, and you will have the opportunity to experience and absorb the information physically as well. Real world – Patient visits, evaluation, and inspection, along with observation of treatment, provide exceptional insight into the precise delivery of patient care. It is this seamless integration of theoretical and practical components, while in a relaxed and intimate setting, that makes the course an invaluable and unforgettable experience.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- Fill in Online Registration Form
- A Registration Confirmation and quote/ invoice will be emailed to you.
- You will only receive your online coursework when you have paid in full.
- Email Proof of Payment to: email@example.com
- Prices are as follows:
Early Bird Investment: R 4,000.00 incl. VAT
(Please note: To be eligible for the early bird pricing, we must receive your proof of payment as well as have the payment reflecting into our accounts by 2023)
Full Investment: R 5,000.00 incl. VAT
EFT BANKING DETAILS:
- Places will be offered to persons on the waiting list and deposits forfeited should balance of payment not be made by deadline.
- Deposits can be carried over for future courses, should you inform us 7 working days before final payment is due.
Suzi Davey, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, CLWT
Suzi Davey is an Occupational Therapist and specialist and expert in the field of Lymphoedema Management, certified in 1998, through Dr. Vodder School International and completed Certified instructor training in 2015 with the International Lymphedema and Wound Care Training Institute USA (ILWTI). She will be presenting the course and testing the students throughout.
Want to find out more about Suzi Davey? Click right here.