Level 1 – 50 Hours – 14 hrs of online theory 36hrs of hands-on training and has been developed to introduce healthcare practitioners to Internationally recognized best-practice and Gold Standard Treatment for patients with Lymphoedema, Lipoedema, and virtually any Oedema conditions due to a variety of etiologies. The training consists of thorough research-based information.
And is designed for Physio’s, OT’s, Nurses, Orthotists, and Doctors.
Completing this course provides you with a certificate of completion in Fundamentals of Lymphoedema and Compression Therapy only.
This Course training is introductory information and does not certify you as a CLT – (Certified Lymphoedema Therapist).
To learn more in-depth comprehensive information and to become a CLT, one can register for the Lymphoedema Management Certification Course which is 135 hours of training on Lymph Africa Education
There are two parts to The Fundamentals of Lymphoedema and Compression Therapy Course :
Part One: Online Pre-course Work - 15 Hours
Complete online theory training in the comfort of your own home or office, which includes online learning modules, reading articles, research, watching videos and completing Tests.
You must pass all online testing material with a 70% pass rate to be able to attend the Hands-On practicum portion of the course.
The curriculum includes up-to-date researched information specifically applicable to Lymphoedema Management Best Practice Guidelines.
Part Two: Online Classroom Practicum Training - 20 Hours
The practicum portion of this course will take place as a webinar.
There are two options for payment: To simply watch the course and then those who will be able to follow along with the bandaging and patient education practical.
What you will pay:
4 Days – 14 hours online and 36 hours hands-on
To be certified in Lymphoedema – Complete Decongestive Therapy
Suzi Davey OTR/L, CLT-LANA, CLWT, USA & South Africa
$900.00 or 90,000.00 KES
Early Bird Investment: $300.00 or 30,000.00 KES
Full Investment: $450.00 or 45,000.00 KES
Accredited through the Kenyan Physio Therapy Society
Upon completion of FUNDAMENTALS OF LYMPHOEDEMA & COMPRESSION THERAPY COURSE
The participant will be able to:
- Understand and differentiate between lymphoedema, lipoedema, and oedema
- Identify treatment components of Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) – Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD), Bandaging, Exercise, Skin Care
- Introduction to manual lymphatic drainage techniques for patient education
- Demonstrate basic multi-layer lymphoedema bandaging by creating an effective, graduated compression system for arm and leg
- Identify and choose compression, accurately measure & complete order form for compression system or compression garment
- Provide basic patient and/or family home-care education for Donning and Doffing compression bandages and compression garments
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
You can either pay directly into our account or you can pay via payfast
- Fill in Online Registration Form
- A Registration Confirmation and quote/ invoice will be emailed to you.
- You will only receive your online coursework when you have paid in full.
- Email Proof of Payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prices are as follows:
Early Bird Cost: $300.00 OR 30 000,00 KES
(Early bird cost is only valid until TBC)
Full Cost: $450.00 OR 45 000,00 KES
OR PAY VIA MPESA
Kenpharma healthcare ltd
Name of participant
- Places will be offered to persons on the waiting list and deposits forfeited should balance of payment not be made by deadline.
- Deposits can be carried over for future courses, should you inform us 7 working days before final payment is due.
Suzi Davey, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, CLWT
Suzi Davey is an Occupational Therapist and specialist and expert in the field of Lymphoedema Management, certified in 1998, through Dr. Vodder School International and completed Certified instructor training in 2015 with the International Lymphedema and Wound Care Training Institute USA (ILWTI). She will be presenting the course and testing the students throughout.
Want to find out more about Suzi Davey? Click right here.
We will also be having a Juzo Presenter to go through the products and educate everyone on what types of compression garments and wraps.